Convertible Tops and Accessories
Premium quality custom-fit convertible tops by Robbins
Robbins has been producing premium quality convertible tops since 1943. They are a pioneer in quality and innovation. All of their convertible tops are manufactured using advanced manufacturing techniques to ensure that every top is custom made with the highest quality. To ensure quality Robbins has an extensive quality check system in place. For each lot of topping they receive Robbins performs stretch testing, sew testing and heatseal testing. They test all lots of thread, plastic sheets and other critical raw materials before they can be used to manufacture in products.
We offer a variety of convertible tops for many vehicles. Please enter your Year/Make/Model below to see the available options for your convertible.
- Computerized Cutting - Advanced Gerber Cutter cutting technology is used to design and cut materials.
- Automated Equipment - Folds the topping material around a structural metal support ring which is bonded to the window glass using an ultra-high strength aerospace bonding agent. Automated robots eliminate the flaws of man and execute precision in every top.
- Factory Designs Duplicated or Improved - Robbins duplicates factory designs, and improves upon them when necessary. They add reinforcements, use better heatsealing processes, and other manufacturing techniques; to produce high quality products.
- Heatsealed Reinforcement - They heatseal their reinforcements in most of their products for extra strength and to prevent side to side shrinkage in tops. Heatsealed reinforcements will not bubble or fail over time as do most glued reinforcements.
- Glass Windows - All Robbins glass windows are manufactured using full width, first quality toppings. Robbins bonds glass into tops and glass window assemblies for most contemporary and popular models using thier patented PermaLok Window Bond system. For older and classic models they heatseal glass into tops and glass window assemblies using the same techniques as GM, Ford, Chrysler, Saab and other convertible manufacturers use.
- Plastic Windows - Like their tops and glass windows, they use only full width, first quality toppings to manufacture their plastic window assemblies. They use quality 40 and 50 gauge Press Polished PVC sheets which meet or exceed DOT requirements. They duplicate factory style extrusions and components.
- Finish and Detail - Robbins purchases full width cloth and vinyl binding materials that are run to their specifications, to make most of the bindings they use to finish their tops and other products. Their bindings are more supple and sew on easier without bunching around tight curves on tops. Stitching in their products is held to a uniform length, and they do not ship products with broken or erratic stitches.
- Warranty - Most tops are covered by a 6 year warranty. The Permalok window bond is covered with a lifetime bond and lifetime warranty.
If available for your Year/Make/Model accessory items are sold separately from the convertible tops.