|No saved vehicles|
I’ll bet you know someone who’s got a great garage. Great tools, organized in a rollaround tool chest, heater, work bench, beer fridge, the whole deal. It’s the kind of garage where you want to hang out, and not just to work on cars; loaded with all kinds of garage accessories and man-toys.
With a family, garages quickly turn into storage for all the stuff that’s out-of-sight and out-of -mind, and before long your orderly, clean garage turns into a complete mess. But here are a few ideas on how to keep it in check:
- Garage flooring options. If you’re going to spend much time in the garage, you want something better than plain, cold concrete or epoxy. Floor tiles are easy to install, look great and can cover a multitude of sins, or for a less-permanent alternative, you could go with a race deck modular shop floor . Cars and trucks leak oil and grease, of course, so there are any number of options to keep that off your floor (other than a trashy piece of cardboard) to prevent stained concrete or slip hazards. And forget about using Quik-Dri to absorb oil or other spills – there are plenty of other products to choose from for that particular job.
- Garage door insulation. If you’re lucky enough to have a heated or air-conditioned garage, you want to keep that heat inside! You’d be surprised at how much difference an insulation kit can make on your monthly heating and cooling bills. Combine that with a garage door threshold shield for a tight, snug fit and keep dust, dirt, leaves and pollen out of the garage as well!
- Parking aids. Seeing over a big hood and trying to get the car exactly where you want it can be tougher, for some reason, in the garage than it is in the rest of the world. How about a STOP sign that is set to flash when your front bumper touches it? Or, for a more high-tech solution, maybe a red laser aimed at your dashboard or hood when your car reaches the ideal spot in the garage? We carry door guards, wide-angle mirrors to help you back out safely, and plenty of other garage products to help you put your car to bed safely without any crunched bicycles or mowers. And if you’ve got a project car to work on – how about dollies that fit under each wheel so you can move the car around the garage? Too bad you can’t use them for parallel parking, right?
- Garage storage. Not just for tools and parts, but for all the other stuff that makes its way to the garage, too. Choose from racks, shelving or the good-looking, functional Geneva storage system for a truly pro-looking garage. And while you’re at it, you might want to consider ways to store the bikes in your family’s garage.
- Oil Extractor. This one falls squarely into the category of “why didn’t someone think of that before?” Forget about crawling under the car to change the oil and filter, and forget about having a drain pan of waste oil and trying to figure out what to do with it. An oil extractor vacuums your dirty oil out through the dipstick tube (now standard practice at Mercedes dealerships), keeping dirty oil off your clothes, hands and garage floor!
Ordering from AutoSport is easy. Our expert Sales Advisors will answer any questions you might have--before, during and even after the sale. And if you're not completely happy with your purchase, you're protected by AutoSport's 180-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Simply return it for an exchange or refund—with no hassles and no restocking fees. Start shopping now!