Striker Garage Parking Sensor Use & Installation Guide:
Mounting The Garage Parking Sensor:
The large display unit will be mounted within the drivers line of sight. The small sensor will be mounted directly below the display. It should be level with the center of the car bumper.
- Place the double-sided tape onto the back of the small sensor module
- Mount the small sensor at bumper height of the vehicle that is intended for use with the garage parking sensor. Be sure the area of the wall or mounting surface, is clean and free of any dust and debris.
- Peel off one side of the protective backing on the adhesive Velcro, and stick it to the back of the display unit.
- Peel off the other side of the protective backing on the Velcro and mount it to the wall, or mounting surface, in front of the car at eye level for the driver. Be sure the surface you are mounting the display to is clean and free of any dust or debris.
Setting The Desired Stopping Distance:
The Striker Garage Parking Sensor can be adjusted to set the stop zone from 6 inches away from the sensor or up to 6 feet away from the sensor.
The default distance is set to turn the red light on at 1 foot from the sensor. If you would like a different stopping distance follow the steps below. You may change the distance as many times as you like.
- Park your car exactly where you want it (ignoring the default settings on the parking sensor). It may be wise to have a 2nd person guide you to the desired location to ensure you don't hit anything with your car.
- Once your car is parked exactly where you would like the red light to turn on, simply press the "Set Distance" button once. When you press the "Set Distance button you will see all the LEDs flash, then turn red. The red light will turn off in 15 seconds.
- Your Striker Garage Parking Sensor is now set to illuminate the red light at that distance every time your vehicle approaches the sensor.